“SLAM”! Lady Jackrabbits Take A W

On Tuesday, October 2, the varsity girls volleyball team,  played against Cabrillo High School.

The Lady Jackrabbits won all their games: varsity,  junior varsity and frosh/soph. When the varsity team won, the crowd went wild. Although it was an easy win for Poly, the parents in the Cabrillo section tried their best to root on their girls and boost their morale.

Alexis Duran, varsity player, was excited before the game shouting to her teammates,  “Let’s get this win!”

Although there was not a huge turnout for the game, the crowd was very energetic, giving off positive vibes and supporting their friends and family who were playing.

As the game began, the Poly supporters  chanted but not as loudly as they could have so as to be respectful to the Cabrillo players.

The JV and frosh/soph teams when easily and the Varsity team dominates with a 4-0 win.

Every round the girls gave no mercy as they spiked the ball repeatedly, giving in to their enemies’ blind; the Cabrillo girls, sadly, had no chance against our powerful team.

With a powerful strike  from Samoana Poyer, the ball violently hit the floor and the Jaguars frantically try to hit the ball back over the net but fail, bringing lady jackrabbits to their  ultimate victory. “Great Job Ladies!” yelled Billy Heak.“Well done ladies!” the volleyball fathers yelled in unison as the Jackrabbits honored each other’s success.

The junior varsity girls volleyball team have an away game Saturday, October 13,  at South High School against South High School and  frosh/soph also has a game on October 13, at Lakewood High school against Lakewood.